High-Performance Hub for Your Home or Mobile Studio
Built to deliver top-shelf sound in a desk-friendly and easy-to-use format for podcasters who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls and for multi-instrumentalists and producers, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 8x6 USB audio/MIDI interface lets artists and content creators score pro-level tone with no learning curve.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the two improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics, pads to prevent distortion on loud input signals, and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier.
The two XLR-1/4" combo inputs are outfitted with switches that allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass, from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs, or from a hot feed from a drum machine. The rear panel sports four additional fixed-level 1/4" inputs to accommodate more line-level sources such as the outputs of external mic preamps.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. With four balanced 1/4" line outputs, dual 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and independent volume control of the two headphone outputs and the main speaker outs, the Scarlett 8i6 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems or outboard effects processors.
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface Features:
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- 2 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
- Rear panel: 4 balanced line inputs, 4 balanced line outputs, MIDI I/O, S/PDIF I/O
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Virtual loopback makes podcasting, live streaming, and sampling easy
- Headphone output with independent level control
- 12V DC power supply required (included)
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- 3-year warranty
More information - Focusrite