Expand Your I/O with Scarlett
Expand your system's recording capability with the Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre, a slim 1 RU rackmount device laden with eight Scarlett microphone preamps and onboard high-resolution AD converters—a perfect addition to any home/project studio, live sound mixing console, or mobile recording rig that has available ADAT digital inputs or unused analog line inputs.
All eight XLR-1/4" combo inputs can accept mic- or line-level signal, and the front-panel input jacks can also accommodate the 1/4" outputs of instruments, letting you plug a guitar or a bass straight into the Scarlett OctoPre. Pads on every channel allow you to capture the sound of high-level sound sources such as drums and cranked guitar amps, and 48V phantom power can be instantiated in two 4-channel banks to run condenser microphones and active DI boxes.
These features, combined with the wordclock sync I/O and 5-segment LED metering, render the unit quite suitable for use in the studio. But that's only one of its intended uses: the Scarlett OctoPre also operates well in live sound environments, providing eight additional preamps for the stage, all feeding their respective line outputs, so they can feed a multitude of mixers, consoles, and PAs. You can even route the line outputs to a console while simultaneously recording digitally via the ADAT outputs.
Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Features:
- 8-channel mic/line preamp expansion with ADAT output
- 8 x 2nd-generation Scarlett mic/line pres,
- 8 line outputs, fed from mic preamps
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA for high-resolution audio
- ADAT outputs (8 channels at up to 48kHz, 4 channels at 96kHz, 2 channels at 192kHz)
- Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs engineered with generous headroom
- 5-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48-volt phantom power available across all inputs (switchable: 1-4, 5-8)
- Word clock I/O
- 3-year warranty
More information - Focusrite