The DPO from Make Noise is a dual Voltage Controlled Oscillator with complex waveshapes in mind. Modeled after the classic Buchla Model 259 Dual Oscillator, it carries the tradition of early synthesis while providing a fresh interpretation for Eurorack modular. The DPO is organized to easily modulate and cross-modulate between the two oscillators without the use of patch cables, providing a complex timbre without the wire spaghetti.
The modulation oscillator (left) has a toggle switch changing its function from a classic VCO, to an LFO, Synchronized oscillator, or a phase locked oscillator. This drastically effects the modulation style and timbre if that oscillator is used to modulate the main oscillator. The modulation index between them can be controlled manually or with CV. Both Oscillators contain 1V/Oct pitch scaling, as well as linear and exponential Frequency Modulation.
On the right of the module is the main VCO's waveshaping section. It has two controls for the waveshape as well as a wave "fold" amount, all of which can be voltage controlled. This waveshape outputs of the "Final" output, and can create timbres unlike any generated by classic VCO's and filters.
- Dual Primary Oscillator Module
- Vintage voiced, all analog
- Triangle Core with Sine, Saw, Spike & Square wave shapes
- Dedicated FM and Mod buses
- Modulation source signals are internally routed with associated destination CV attenuators setting final depths
- Mod Bus has added capability of using external source (patched at EXT. SouRCe input) in place of VCO 1 Sine
- Bi-Directional Dynamic FM Bus allows for circular FM
- VCO A features Hard Sync circuit which combined Dynamic FM yields complex sounds
- VCO A operates as LFO, perfect for slow morphing of VCO B timbres
- VCO B features complex timbral control through the use of a 3 parameter waveform shaping and Dynamic FM
- Utilizes Vactrols
- Pairs well with the Echophon
More information - Make Noise Music