The CDL12 loudspeakers impressed ears around the world when we introduced them, thanks in no small part to their unique, patent-pending driver design that fills venues with consistent, articulate speech and music reproduction without sacrificing consistent SPL. Now that same constant-directivity performance is available in the new CDL12P, a lighter-weight design ideal for touring bands and mobile DJs who want the same scalability and sonic performance in portable design.
Like the CDL12, CDL12P is the result of years of research and development, combining the best attributes of point source and line array technology into a unique patent-pending design. You get clear, articulate speech intelligibility and natural music reproduction thanks to its highly focused pattern with consistent SPL throughout the frequency response range, both on- and off-axis.
The CDL12P’s hybrid point-source/line-array design delivers focused sound with consistent SPL coverage both on- and off-axis, making it an excellent choice for mobile and installed applications. Rigging CDL12P enclosures is made easier thanks to integrated pin-loaded rigging hardware. A dual-angle pole mount is provided, supporting the use of one or two enclosures when pole-mounted. The CDL12P’s integrated 500W x 500W Class D power amplifier features onboard DSP presets to facilitate and simplify arrayed configurations.
- Continuous-directivity constant curve array with eight 2-inch cone drivers disperses sound 120° horizontally
- 15˚ vertical directivity can be extended from 30˚ up to 90˚ with additional arrayable CDL12Ps
- 12-inch, long-throw LF transducer with 2.5-inch voice coil
- Low 420 Hz crossover point minimizes comb filtering and enhances line array intelligibility
- 500 x 500 watts Class D power for high SPLs and lightning-fast transient response
- Onboard DSP: 90 High-pass filter, Array Mode (1-6 boxes), Sub Mode (Off, CDL18s, ULT18, or AIR18s)
- 35 mm pole socket with 7.5˚ downward tilt for use with up to two CDL12P on a tripod or atop PreSonus® CDL18s or ULT18 subwoofer
- Integrated flyware to create an array of up to six CDL12Ps
- Signal, -3 dB, Limiter Protection, and Clip Monitoring
- Rugged, lightweight plastic enclosure and tour-grade, 1.2 mm steel grille — great for touring bands and mobile DJs